More Than Herbs & Flowers
4 bananas (with small bananas, I use 8)
1/3 cup butter (I used vegan butter)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar (I used finely ground organic partly refined sugar.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans (Nuts are optional, as is your choice of pecans, almonds, or walnuts.)
- Gather all ingredients, and measure out the required amounts of each.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. (177 C.)
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. (I used my mixer to do this — it’s faster.)
- Melt the butter. (Do this while the mixer is doing it’s thing for you.)
- Add melted butter to the bananas.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat the egg, then add vanilla.
- Pour egg/vanilla mixture into mixing bowl with bananas.
- With mixer running, add sugar.
- Add salt and baking soda.
- Add flour gradually, also while mixer is running.
- Finally, add nuts, if desired.
- Pour into muffin pan or loaf pan.
- For muffins, bake muffins 20 minutes for a loaf, bake 1 hour.