Black Bean Soup has become one of our favorite soups to make, especially in cold weather. It is thick and creamy, warm and hearty. This recipe took some trial and error, but it’s done now. What’s really great about this recipe? You can make it as spicy as you want — or not.
1 bag of dried black beans
Carrots – chopped into tiny pieces (I used the blender).
Ham – diced into tiny pieces (I buy them already diced).
Spice amounts are to your taste:
Pepper (black or white pepper)
Stevia (sugar can be used)
Frank’s Hot Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- Rinse the beans well in a colander.
- In a large pot of water, boil the beans until they are soft.
- Transfer the cooked beans to a blender or food processor, and blend until you have a creamy mixture.
- Return the mixture to the cook pot.
- Add spices gradually until the desired flavor is reached.
- Add carrots and ham.
- Continue to cook on low heat until you’re ready to eat.
Combine this creamy soup with a salad and some tasty bread, and you have a delicious meal. Enjoy!